Need a visa to come or stay in Spain?
Learn Spanish & Become TEFL Certified in Valencia, Spain
TEFL Trainer offers you the possibility to complete its Accredited 140-hour TEFL Certification Course with on-site and/or online mentoring whilst studying Spanish 20 hours a week in Valencia.
This option is ideal for those wishing to come to Spain for more than 3 months but require a visa for stays of over 3 months (A Visa is not required for citizens of other countries whose stay is under 3 months. For those who stay more than 3 months, a visa is required.)
Two scenarios apply:
1/ You also want to become TEFL Certified: you sign up with us, have access to our accredited online TEFL course, and sign up for a 20-hour per week Spanish course at our partner language school in Valencia, for 4 to 12 months (depending on the visa you want).
2/ You simply wish to complete a Spanish course in Valencia. In this case you let us know and we put you in touch with our partner language school in Valencia. Here you do not have to sign up with us for a TEFL Course, you will instead pay an admin fee to the language school directly.
What are the steps?
Do you want to do
140-hour TEFL Course
in parallel or not?
all the Documents
apply for a Visa.
a Skype Call
Send us an email
Full Name, Email Address,
Phone Number, and Skype ID.
4/ Pay the admin or Course Fee + Spanish Course Fees
Receive the Letter of Acceptance
and the Invoice,
from the School
and apply for your Visa.
First, compile the following documents,
(In general, the following documents are required to apply for a visa)
- Completed visa application form.
- Valid passport valid for the whole period for which the visa is requested. Student card, identity card.
- Recent passport photos, envelopes.
- Letter of acceptance of the Spanish school.
- Curriculum, training or research.
- Proof of accommodation in Spain (more information below*)
- Medical insurance that covers the medical expenses and repatriation associated with an accident or sudden illness throughout the duration of the stay.
- Proof of sufficient economic means to study in Spain (scholarship or financial aid, letter from parents or guardians assuming full responsibility for housing and living expenses).
- Legalised certificate of criminal record.
- Medical certificate.
- contact TEFL Trainer: email@example.com to organise a video Skype session
- decide what option you want (w/ or w/o TEFL Trainer’s Certification Course)
- decide what Spanish course length (and therefore visa length) you want (4 to 12 months)
- Sign up to the online TEFL Trainer 140-hour Certification Course (£199 or £349 depending on the course type you choose). If you do not wish to complete the TEFL Course after all, you can simply choose to go through the language school directly and pay a fee of €150 instead – meaning that upon your request TEFL Trainer would simply transfer your application to the school and you would not complete TEFL Trainer’s Course.
- Once the £199 (or £349) or €150 fee have been paid either to TEFL Trainer or the partner language school in Valencia, your application will be processed.
- You then pay for the Spanish course you wish to attend during your stay in Valencia, Spain: 4 months course…………………600€ / 6 months course…………………900€ / 8 months course…………………1200€ / 12 months course……………….1500€
- You can then apply for your visa, having received the confirmation letter and invoice from the partner language school in Valencia.
So how does it work?
In the case of underage students not accompanied by their parents, their authorisation will be necessary for the trip/stay and to carry out the studies.
The student is responsible for the entire visa application procedure and the school is not liable for costs incurred if the permit is rejected.
If the student needs a confirmation letter from the school to request the visa, this letter certifies that the student is enrolled in a Spanish course and it must include the name, type of course, date of study, address of the accommodation and the proof that the payment has been made. It is signed and stamped by the Director of the centre.
More information about visas can be found here.
Need further support?
Do not hesitate to get in touch if you need any further help before heading out to Spain.
* ACCOMMODATION: At TEFL Trainer we work with an exclusive accommodation partner, spotahome.com, who have centrally located and reasonably priced student accommodation options (from €150 per month). By using our promo code (in the image below) you will also benefit from a discounted booking fee on their website. Although SpotaHome have their own great customer service, we also provide you with all the guidance and support throughout the accommodation search! We just organise a phone call and discuss neighbourhoods, budget, etc. giving you the confidence to then book the right flat for you.